Very preliminary page
Submission Instructions for WOP 2016
This page contains instructions for submitting to WOP 2016. Submission will be possible in the following two categories - in both cases the submission deadlines are
June 24th, 2016 extended to July 7th, 2016 for the abstract (required!), and June 30th, 2016 extended to July 15th, 2016 for the full research/pattern paper; both are at 11:59 PM Hawaii time:
- Research papers: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=wop2016
- Patterns: through the ODP portal + pattern paper (primarily a pattern description) through https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=wop2016
Research Paper Submissions
We invite the submission of original research results related to the focus areas of the workshop. Research papers (maximum 12 pages LNCS style) should present mature work and document established results, or be short papers presenting proposed research directions and novel ideas (maximum 5 pages LNCS style).
- Research papers should be no longer than 12 pages, following the Springer LNCS formatting style (see LNCS style templates). Note that papers not adhering to the style guidelines or the maximum page limit will be rejected without review.
- Short research papers should be no longer than 5 pages, following the same template.
- Submissions should be in English, and non-native speakers are encouraged to seek assistance from native English speakers to ensure a correct language.
- Submission of the papers should be done through https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=wop2016.
Review process and publication
Each paper will be reviewed by at least two reviewers, final accept/reject decisions are made by the chairs based on these reviews. Notification of acceptance will be sent out by July 31st. Acceptance is conditional, meaning that only accepted papers that perform the changes requested by the reviewers (this will be checked carefully by the chairs) and with camera ready versions submitted by August 12th, and where at least one author registers for the workshop, will be included in the proceedings and in the workshop program. These papers will be made available online from the workshop webpage. Please note that ISWC usually do NOT allow "workshop-only" registrations, i.e. registering for the workshop will therefore mean to register for the main conference + WOP.
We will also publish post-workshop proceedings with (possibly extended) accepted papers, in the IOS Press/AKA book series Studies on the Semantic Web. Copies can be ordered at a special discount of 30%, order requests should be sent to email@example.com.
Instructions for accepted papers, presentations, and post-proceedings will be provided later.
We invite the submission of new Ontology Design Patterns. Submissions will be composed of a pattern and a short paper (between 5 and 12 pages in LNCS style) describing it.
The following is a list of detailed instructions that authors have to take into account in order to submit their patterns:
- Request an account at the ODP portal, in case you do not have already one. Note that account requests are processed by hand, so do this step with a few days to spare before the submission deadline.
- Go to the ODP portal pattern submission page.
- Submit your pattern by following the instructions, and make sure you enter as much information about your pattern as possible (clarity and completeness of the information will be a review criteria for patterns), i.e. fill out all applicable fields.
- Once created, edit your pattern page (edit tab at the top of the page) and under the "Submit for event" tab enter "WOP:2016".
- Go back to this page and check that your pattern appears in the table below.
- Write a document briefly describing your pattern (between 5 and 12 pages, depending on the complexity or topic of the pattern, in LNCS style), and submit this pattern description through https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=wop2016. Both pattern and pattern description need to be submitted by
June 30th, 2016extended to July 15th, 2016.
- If you are experiencing any problems, or have questions about how to submit patterns, please contact the chairs.
Each submission will be reviewed by at least two members of the Pattern PC (in case of disagreement a third reviewer will be assigned). Note that all reviews and discussions of patterns done in ODP portal are public and not anonymous, hence, all visitors of the portal can see the reviews and any subsequent discussion. Your pattern will be reviewed based on the following set of criteria:
- the practical utility and reusability of the pattern by a community,
- the relevance of the problem addressed by the pattern,
- if the pattern encodes some best practice within a community,
- and the completeness and clarity of the pattern submission, i.e., if all fields have been filled and all aspects properly explained.
Accepted patterns have to be improved based on the review comments, i.e., an update of the patterns in the ODP portal is mandatory. Accepted patterns will be presented at the workshop as posters in the pattern session. After the workshop, the patterns may be considered for certification in the ODP portal.
Accepted pattern descriptions will also be included in the post-workshop proceedings which will appear in the IOS Press/AKA book series Studies on the Semantic Web. Copies can be ordered at a special discount of 30%, order requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.